The Latinx Incubator provides entrepreneurs with strategic programming, resources, technical support and access to networks. Through the 12-week program, cohort members attend specialized workshops, meet one-on-one with industry experts and focus on becoming investment ready.
The program culminates in two exclusive events. The first is a private pitch with key stakeholders from 1871, IHCC and the investment community where startups will have the opportunity to secure capital. The second is a capstone Demo Day with the Chicago tech ecosystem.
As part of a partnership between IHCC and 1871, this incubator is part of a larger effort to address diversity and inclusion challenges in the innovation economy and technology sector. The Latinx Incubator is building an inclusive entrepreneurial tech ecosystem that actively supports diverse founders, setting them up for growth in the Latinx startup ecosystem.
Participants in the Latinx incubator are fully immersed in the 1871 and IHCC tech ecosystem. As part of the Incubator, participants will have access to:
- 1871 & IHCC tailored educational programming and exclusive networking events
- Strategic mentorship from Chicago’s top business leaders from the 1871 & IHCC network
- Technical assistance from IHCC’s business development centers
- Local and national media exposure
- Free co-working space
- Startup must be a for-profit business
- At least one founder/co-founder must identify as Latinx
- Startup must have a scalable product or service which can be an MVP or pilot (must be beyond idea stage)
- The product or service solution must have a focus on technology
- Startup must be interested in becoming investment ready
- A team member (preferably the CEO/Founder) must commit to the full 12 week program in Chicago
- Innovative idea/solution
- Size of market opportunity and revenue potential
- Traction (users, customers, revenue, exposure)
- Motivated and skilled team
- Seriousness about receiving investment
- Ability to participate in the full program
The Selection Process:
Application deadline has been extended until Monday, July 16th at 11:59pm CST.
Semi-finalists will interview virtually with 1871 and IHCC leadership from July 17th-20th
Finalists will interview in person with 1871 and IHCC leadership July 23rd - July 27th
Selected startups will be notified on July 30th
The Latinx Incubator will kick-off the week of August 6th and continue through mid October culminating on Demo Day.
To learn more about the program, contact Veronica Aguilar or Ivette Treviño at 312.425.9500
MEET THE COHORTS
About Our Partner 1871
1871 is the home of over 500 high-growth technology startups and more than 1,500 members supported by an entire ecosystem focused on accelerating their growth and creating jobs in the Chicagoland area. Located in a 150,000 square-foot space over three floors in The Merchandise Mart, 1871 has hundreds of expert mentors available to its members, as well as more than 100 partner corporations, universities, education programs, accelerators, venture funds and other organizations that all work towards our collective mission of making Chicago the best city in the world to start a business. Visit www.1871.com for more information.